Sunday 22 April 2012

Alternative fashion week

This week I was lucky enough to have been involved in Alternative Fashion Week at Spitafields London. On Thursday there was one designer there called Francisco Sanchez-Canete that really stood out for me, he had the most amazing models and when all their hair and make up was finished and they had their outfits they all looked like models for a high end designer. He was my personal favourite of the day. Friday was a mix of colleges and individual designers showing their collections, from high end clothes, to punk, to theatrical costumes. My favourite on that day was a designer called Sophie Mason, although she only showed three outfits, they were all beautifully made and looked very luxurious and expensive, she showed a stone coloured mac which reminded me of one of the Burberry macs in their recent ad campaign, there was a printed mid-calf length dress which looked beautiful on and a white shirt with a silk bolero attached which I loved. The atmosphere was very exciting and seeing the girls transform from their casual attire and make up free on into these beautiful models with perfect hair, make up and gorgeous clothes was amazing. I can't wait to go back there next year. Hold tight for some pics (which I'm trying to get from some photographers that were papping away on the days I was there).




No comments:

Post a Comment