Sunday 15 April 2012

Jackie O so stylish!


Whilst in Berlin, we came across a Kennedy museum, I've always been interested in JFK and Jackie K.
I'm always reading books, articles and looking at piccies of JFK and Jackie (I have always been drawn to her fabulous style). I even used to tell people I was named after her when I was younger (which was a little fib). It was so interesting to see some unseen photos, letters and items belonging to them both. I was fascinated with Jackie's unique style and how she always managed to look effortlessly chic in her Chanel suits and pill box hats. Here is a selection of some of my favourite outfits that she wore over the years from a teenager to first lady to the bride of Aristotle Onassis...


20 year old Jackie in 1949. Looking very chic in a
gorgeous floral top and pearls.

Jackie was a press
photographer for the
Washington Times-Harold


JFK and Jackie in her famous
Chanel suit

Jackie in one of her many
pill box hats

Jacqueline Kennedy and President John F. Kennedy in 1961.
Jackie looking super stylish in 1961

Jackie and John  on their
wedding day



If, like me, you love Jackie's style you can recreate her look with some of these beauties...
Red prom dress
£139 Hobbs
This neck line really reminds
me of Jackie's style.
Iris print dress £199 Hobbs
Women's Ariella Boat neck <em>prom dress</em>
Boat neck prom dress with a modern
twist and so on trend with the floral theme.
£140 House of Fraser
Car print skirt- Primark
Dents Animal Cuff Leather Gloves
Animal Cuff Leather Gloves
£60 ASOS
Elbow length evening gloves
£55 Hobbs

You shall go to the ball...
White satin evening gloves
£22 Hobbs

6.0-6.5mm Japanese Akoya Pearl Necklace, Earrings & Bracelet Set
A must have for any Jackie O look-
Pearl necklace, earrings and bracelet.
£299 Laguna Pearl

No comments:

Post a Comment